Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)
Grades
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

sshevlin
Posted 5/5/2010 11:12 AM (#2775)
Subject: Grades
Math

I am at Tates Creek high and our grading scale is now set to 50% Homework and Classwork and 50% Tests and Quizzes. Do all the other high schools follow this grading policy too, or is it just us.
ccprek
Posted 5/5/2010 11:19 AM (#2778 - in reply to #2775)
Subject: RE: Grades
Math

Yes, we are doing the same scale. Although I split my in class participation up as 15% and HW 35%. When you think about college, raising the % for tests is the kind of scale they will be held to. Will we ever get to the point where students will have to pass their final in order to move on to the next course? Jessamine Co does.....
saclark
Posted 5/5/2010 11:26 AM (#2780 - in reply to #2775)
Math

At Dunbar all teachers are required to do a 40 - 60 split with 40% being formative assignments (homework, classwork, etc) and 60% being summative assignments (tests/quizzes/large projects). I use to do 50-50 and don't see much of a difference between it and 40-60.

bryankennedypld
Posted 5/5/2010 11:32 AM (#2781 - in reply to #2775)
Counts on fingers & toes

I have to use the 60 (summative) 40 (formative assessment). I include tests and notebooks for my general classes under the summative category. This helps the weak test takers out. For the formative assessment I include class participation, daily quizzes, and daily homework.
szehnder
Posted 10/28/2010 12:47 PM (#2841 - in reply to #2775)

Math

We do the 60/40 split. I give students an opportunity to retest if they earned a D or F on a test after they show me that they have done some work to study/rework old test etc before they retake. This helps the weaker students since the 60% is kind of rough. I've tried the notebook - but it was too much to grade and keep up with for me personall.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software