Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"To deny, to believe, and to doubt well are to a man as the race is to a horse." (Blaise Pascal)
using CPS to guide homework review
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

jbakewell
Posted 11/8/2009 10:29 PM (#2565)
Subject: using CPS to guide homework review
Math

One of my regular struggles in Advanced Geometry is the lack of sufficient time to fully discuss homework proofs. While students get complete feedback for every proof they write, the discussion we have as we work through a proof together is where the process starts making sense to students. Even with limited proof problems assigned for homework we only have time to walk through one of the homework proofs and just do a quick check of the others. Sometimes of course I pick a proof that I anticipate students will have the most trouble with but this year with my frequent use of the CPS system to formatively assess students I found a better way! With a quick numeric response verbal question, I have students send me the number of the proof they had the most trouble with. The proof with the most responses is the one we discuss. Duh! Why didn't I think of it before?!
salbright
Posted 2/20/2010 9:36 AM (#2722 - in reply to #2565)
Subject: RE: using CPS to guide homework review
Counts on fingers & toes

as an aside to your note, where do we get training on how to use the CPS systems?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software