Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The soul is the mirror of an indestructible universe." (Gottfried Leibniz)
CPS rosters
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

rmcquerr
Posted 5/1/2009 2:04 PM (#2452)
Subject: CPS rosters
Math

Don't feel like typing in all your rosters for CPS? I developed some software (in flash of course) that will convert IC gradebook exports to a compatible format that CPS can import. This is still in beta so feedback is much appreciated. I have attached the files you need to install along with directions. You will have to install Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) first. You can get it from www.adobe.com.

Edited by rmcquerr 5/1/2009 2:13 PM
rmcquerr
Posted 8/27/2009 3:32 PM (#2488 - in reply to #2452)
Subject: RE: CPS rosters
Math

update: I have avoided the software install and made a website that can do the conversion for you.

http://tchs-618-app/ic

A tutorial can be found at http://ischool.fcps.net/course/view.php?id=907 under the Video Tutorial Section.

You can only access the website while logged into a Fayette school pc.
bperry
Posted 8/28/2009 4:36 PM (#2489 - in reply to #2452)

Math

Do you have to be a TCHS teacher for this to work? I can't get it to work. I have done this and watched your video, but the 2nd screen never comes up for me.

Edit: OK now I can get to the second screen and everything "works", but when I open the import_to_ti.csv nothing is in there except the headers. I really like what you are doing, but would like to be able to choose how the username looks like in my video at http://staff.fcps.net/bperry/infinitecampus/ImportIntoNavigatorFromInfiniteCampus/ImportIntoNavigatorFromInfiniteCampus.html
in addition I would like for the password to be set as anything I want or blank so the student chooses.

Just my thoughts.

Great work!!!

Edit: I figured out the problem. If your first student does not have a grade for the assignment you choose then it does not work. (At least when I gave her a zero instead of a blank it worked.)

Edited by bperry 8/28/2009 4:55 PM
rmcquerr
Posted 8/29/2009 9:42 AM (#2490 - in reply to #2452)
Math

Thanks for the feedback. I have made the revisions you suggested (you can choose the password and construct the username yourself), but it won't be available until later Monday. I will also have a few bugs fixed.

Thanks for the feedback.
bperry
Posted 8/31/2009 5:39 PM (#2491 - in reply to #2452)

Math

Great job Ryan. I really like the new enhancements. Will suggest all HC teachers use the site!

rmcquerr
Posted 9/16/2009 2:00 PM (#2506 - in reply to #2452)
Math

The site is now available to the public...

It can be found at http://app.tatescreek.fcps.net/ic

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software