Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"'Obvious' is the most dangerous word in mathematics." (Eric Temple Bell)
Homework
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Lafayette Discussion areaMessage format

ncrawfor
Posted 3/26/2009 11:44 AM (#2421)
Subject: Homework

Math

Do you think that we need to be ahead of the game and come up with a homework policy for the math department?
kloliver
Posted 3/26/2009 1:26 PM (#2428 - in reply to #2421)
Subject: RE: Homework
Math

A policy about the length of homework, grading homework? What exaclty do you mean?
jbakewell
Posted 3/26/2009 1:26 PM (#2429 - in reply to #2421)
Math

I think so...since the topic is in such debate and we all do something different I think this could help. I know that in regular classes I limit homework assignments to no more than 10 problems (except during final exam review). I choose a handful of representative problems (sometimes less than 10). This makes checking homework quick and easy, eliminates the "excuse" that it is "too much" and usually suffices to assess students' understanding of what they learned in class. What do you all do?
ncrawfor
Posted 3/26/2009 1:29 PM (#2430 - in reply to #2428)

Math

Both probably. I think it would be good for us all to be on the same page - at least for this. That way the policy is the same for all general level students the whole way thru high school. Have a different policy - possibly - for advanced classes and pre-engineering classes.

What do you think?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software