Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Archimedes will be remembered when Aeschylus is forgotten, because languages die and mathematical ideas do not. 'Immortality' may be a silly word, but probably a mathematician has the best chance of whatever it may mean." (Godfrey Hardy)
TIC-TAC-TOE
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> TCH Discussion areaMessage format

jbakewell
Posted 1/30/2009 9:35 AM (#2376)
Subject: TIC-TAC-TOE
Math

I'm looking for details on the tic-tac-toe game (Ms. Batts?) shared about at the MILC sub day last semester. I thought this was such a neat way to review and I am always looking for new ideas! I played my own version of tic-tac-toe review a couple of times but think I could improve on it if you wouldn't mind to recap how you play the game in your classes. Thank you so much for sharing!
bhester
Posted 2/9/2009 7:51 AM (#2382 - in reply to #2376)
Subject: RE: TIC-TAC-TOE
Math

I divide the kids up into 2 teams and give each student a TTT to work individually. They may work with friends or ask for help, but they must have work shown for each problem. When we play the game, I randomly pull numbers from a cup to select the student. They must show me their work for the problem they choose in order to get an X or O for their team. This is really important when it is a space needed to block the other team. If one team scores a TTT, everyone on that team gets a bonus point on their test. Anyone whose name in on the board, gets three bonus points and if their name is on the TTT line, they get 5 bonus points.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software