Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The soul is the mirror of an indestructible universe." (Gottfried Leibniz)
KCTM Conference
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

bdurham
Posted 10/13/2008 8:42 AM (#2197)
Subject: KCTM Conference
Math

The conference was (once again) a wonderful experience for all attendees. I went to several informative (and actually useful) sessions, and I now am the proud owner of my own TI nSpire (a door prize from one of the TI sessions). It would have been nicer to see more people from the Lexington area there; I encourage everyone to attend next year's conference (date & site have yet to be determined).
rtallent
Posted 10/13/2008 9:10 AM (#2198 - in reply to #2197)
Subject: RE: KCTM Conference
Math

I went to a session using activities to teach different algebra content. I will post an acitivity on penny shuffleboard to teach absolute value and another on bowling for rational functions on Thursday. Both of these activities came from the Cord Algebra I and ALgebra 2 books so if you haven't requested sample copies of these you may want to. Each chapter in this series has 2 or three lab activities at the eand and the geometry book has cabri, cabri jr and sketchpad activities for each chapter. (I am not endorsing these or any other series for adoption; just saying they are worth a look)

bperry
Posted 10/13/2008 7:44 PM (#2199 - in reply to #2197)

Math

Ronni,
Have we gotten these yet? Or are they requested?

rtallent
Posted 10/13/2008 8:16 PM (#2200 - in reply to #2199)
Math

Melissa picked up the alg 2. THe geometry just went to print. The rep seemed to think we should get it within the month.
ccprek
Posted 10/14/2008 9:51 AM (#2201 - in reply to #2197)
Math

I have an algebra 1 book that ties the concepts directly to applications/connections from Advertising to Theater. This is a great supplemental book if you are having trouble getting students interested in the current topic.
kgillum
Posted 3/2/2010 12:43 PM (#2742 - in reply to #2197)
Counts on fingers & toes

This past year's conference (2009) was also very informative. In fact, I went to one of our own, Brian Durham's sessions! There were so many choices and so little time. I couldn't fit it all in to one day. However, this year, the conference is in Somerset and it will be 2 days. Hopefully, there will be more time to get to all of the presentations. Lots of great ideas and lots of freebies!!!
BobbieG
Posted 3/2/2010 9:47 PM (#2743 - in reply to #2197)
Counts on fingers & toes

What are the dates for the Somerset KCCT?
bdurham
Posted 3/17/2010 2:45 PM (#2757 - in reply to #2743)
Math

2010 conference is October 1 & 2 in Somerset...more info at www.kctm.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software