Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"An expert is someone who knows some of the worst mistakes that can be made in his subject, and how to avoid them." (Werner Heisenberg)
Afternoons
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Document sharing (through 2014)Message format

kxjohnson
Posted 10/2/2008 8:24 AM (#2168)
Subject: Afternoons
Math

Hello!
On Tuesday it was requested that I post my "Seven Steps" I do every day. It takes a little while, but I walk in every morning feeling ready for the day.
Here's what I do

-update my plan book (I do the bottom half "tentative plans" and the top half what I actually did. Its a good place to write things like 'be careful with time' or 'improve #3 for next year'...)

-update list of assignments on bulletin board

-update HW on my website

-fill out the Agenda board for the next day

-Answer my "What do we expect them to learn" questions

-lay out my materials for the next day on my front table

-make sure I posted all my attendance (from any where in IC hit the refresh button and it will take you to the opening screen that clearly shows if any more classes need to get posted)

bperry
Posted 10/4/2008 12:03 AM (#2178 - in reply to #2168)
Subject: RE: Afternoons

Math

I think Kate's idea for using post it notes for what you think you will do in your plan book is a great idea.... It really works for her.

jbakewell
Posted 10/11/2008 3:36 PM (#2196 - in reply to #2168)
Subject: RE: Afternoons
Math

I love this. I go through similar steps everyday before I leave and you are absolutely right...you walk in the next day ready for class and prepared for the inevitable, unexpected things that always seem to come up first thing in the morning. I think I will put in writing my "seven steps" to make them official!

I also really like what you do with your "tentative plans". I do something similar in excel. My long range plan (day-by-day schedule) is updated daily. As I complete a day I add shading to the entire row so it is easy to see where I'm headed next. Then I highlight in red items that we didn't quite finish or get to. I also have a column for notes so that next time I can improve my lesson.

Thank you for sharing...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software