Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." (Albert Einstein)
Geometry Ch 3
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

ccprek
Posted 9/12/2008 3:17 PM (#2092)
Subject: Geometry Ch 3
Math

Does anyone have some fun activities for Ch 3???
bperry
Posted 9/12/2008 11:11 PM (#2094 - in reply to #2092)
Subject: RE: Geometry Ch 3

Math

Mrs. Woodall made up a Twister type game for Transversals and Parrallel Lines I never saw it, but I think she did it with her resource class. Be sure to tell everyone to where appropriate clothing!
bperry
Posted 9/12/2008 11:15 PM (#2095 - in reply to #2094)

Math

Technology wise I have used Cabri jr. and TI-Nspire to investigate angle relationships of Transversals.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments transversals.doc (380KB - 339 downloads)
Attachments transversals.tns (4KB - 2645 downloads)
bperry
Posted 9/12/2008 11:19 PM (#2096 - in reply to #2092)

Math

Also, if there is anything that you would like to investigate with TI-Nspire in this chapter let me know!

I have done more activities with the only calculator being used is mine and the students collect the data. It does work. Not every student needs a TI-Nspire!

If your interested in learning about the TI-Nspire I have asked if anyone is interested in a TI-Nspire USer group and when on another post.
http://www.milc.fcps.net/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=694&posts=1

mdailey
Posted 9/16/2008 8:17 AM (#2109 - in reply to #2092)
Math

This is not as fun as twister but I use patty paper. Students draw parallel lines and the transversal. They number the angles 1-8. They trace one group of angles and then move the patty paper on top of the next group of angles to see that they are congruent.
kxjohnson
Posted 9/30/2008 1:35 PM (#2139 - in reply to #2092)
Math

Also, for the end of Ch 3 (slope, y = mx + b) I have used "Match my graph" with the CBR II motion detector. It is a great introduction to the concept of slope. In the past I didn't use a class set, just the one in my room and we got student volunteers to try it in front of the class (I had my calc connected to my Presenter as well). Maybe this year I will try to round up a class set so more kids can try it.

I have used this simple demo in Alg I, Geom, and Adv Alg II, and it is always a big hit!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software