Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"An expert problem solver must be endowed with two incompatible qualities, a restless imagination and a patient pertinacity." (Howard W. Eves)
geometry similarity millionaire review
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Document sharing (through 2014)Message format

rtallent
Posted 2/3/2007 4:14 PM (#1495)
Subject: geometry similarity millionaire review
Math

Attached is a who wants to be a millionaire style review for the similarity unit. I used it the day of our test and called it ten minute millionaire. We played for exactly 10 minutes and for every question they got right, I gave everyone an extra credit point. I had everyone work every problem (they don't get the points unless they turn in the work) and instead of having one student answer all problems I selected students via the random number generator on the ti-84. (Assign each student a number from 1 to # of students in class. Go to math, right arrow three times to prb menu, select 5: randInt(1,# of students). Press enter to choose student to answer question). Worked well and the students enjoyed. Note: the actual game starts around slide 5 but read the first 4 for info. Change hosted by to your name.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments millionairegeomch8.ppt (287KB - 482 downloads)
mdmdavis
Posted 2/9/2007 7:40 AM (#1496 - in reply to #1495)
Subject: RE: geometry similarity millionaire review
Math

Ronni, this was great! Used it as a template for an Adv Geo review yesterday. Got any more........????
erickenb
Posted 10/9/2007 6:26 PM (#1683 - in reply to #1495)
Subject: RE: geometry similarity millionaire review
Math

Students would love this!!! Great job!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software