Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"An expert problem solver must be endowed with two incompatible qualities, a restless imagination and a patient pertinacity." (Howard W. Eves)
Thanks for the support / update
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

tmullen
Posted 1/5/2007 10:46 AM (#1470)
Subject: Thanks for the support / update
Math

Thank you all so much for the cards. I am out of the woods now and I am on the long slow road to recovery.

My broken leg seems to be healing well. I go in on the 7th of February for x-rays and hopefully after that I’ll be able to start bearing some weight. The doctor said I should be walking pretty much normal in a couple of months so until then I’ll be hobbling around on crutches...

I have an appointment with the nero doctor on Monday for x-rays and a CAT scan. Hopefully all goes well and I’ll get to take my rigid neck brace off and try and get back to work next week.

I need to keep my leg up and avoid standing as much as possible to reduce the swelling, if you have an suggestions on good ways to teach sitting down with my leg up I'm looking for ideas....

Travis Mullen
mdmdavis
Posted 1/5/2007 3:48 PM (#1472 - in reply to #1470)
Subject: RE: Thanks for the support / update
Math

Best wishes getting well!!!
tmullen
Posted 1/15/2007 5:02 PM (#1476 - in reply to #1470)
Subject: another update...
Math

After a vist with the nero doctor I wont be back at work as soon as I wanted. The good news is I my neck seems to be healing ok on its own and I shouldn't need surgery. The bad news is I need to stay off work in the neck collar until my at least until my next nero apointment on the 20th of febuary...

As far as the broken leg, it too is healing slowly. I have x-rays on the 7th of febuary and if all looks good I can start trying to put some weight on it. But until then I roll around the house in my office chair and use my crutches.

Travis
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software