Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater." (Albert Einstein)
food for thought
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> HCH Discussion areaMessage format

dhays
Posted 12/7/2006 8:47 PM (#1422)
Subject: food for thought
Math

To my fellow MILCers....all 9 of you. Being involved in MILC has been invaluable to me these past two years. It has made teaching fun and enjoyable again and given me opportunities to learn and try new things.(but not a cell phone!) I have enjoyed our discussions and sharing of ideas. I truly believe that the math staff at Henry Clay is top-notch and professional in every way. All of you genuinely care about the students that you teach. If you didn't care about them you would never have given your time to become part of MILC. I want to say thank you for all that you have done for our school.
P.S. I am co-leader this month and thought this might be a good post for you to reply to and express your feelings.
ldewees
Posted 12/12/2006 8:21 PM (#1439 - in reply to #1422)
Subject: RE: food for thought
Math

I think it's quite easy to try new stuff when there are so many of us involved. Someone seems to know how to do just about everything we try which makes it easier to be willing to try the new gadgets/programs/devices, etc. Having Steve across the hall from me is very helpful for just about anything I want to try. I needed to install one of the new programs last week and Bryson came right down and helped me out. There's always somebody to turn to and that's very important!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software