Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)
Systems Test
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Lafayette Discussion areaMessage format

slucas
Posted 11/27/2006 12:08 PM (#1346)
Subject: Systems Test

Math

Does anyone else feel like the Systems test can still be improved on? I think it is tons better than it was, but I still think we can make it better. I was not happy with the open response and with how the points were distributed. I feel like the open response needs to be easier to better test what we are going after and their should be one more standard problem. I did like having the few multiple choice problems.
kloliver
Posted 11/27/2006 12:31 PM (#1348 - in reply to #1346)
Subject: RE: Systems Test
Math

The open response, I think needs to be changed. We spent all of this time solving for y and graphing by using the slope and y-intercept and its impossible for the kids to draw the graphs of the cell phone companies using slope and y-int. Sarah, I also agree the point value needs to be changed. 35 points on the test is from one word problem and the open response.
ncrawfor
Posted 11/27/2006 1:31 PM (#1350 - in reply to #1348)

Math

I agree, the open response needs to be changed to something they can graph using the slope and y-intercept since that is what we focus on in the unit.

Overall, I feel like the students did fairly well with the unit. My final test scores where not too bad.
cwaespe
Posted 12/3/2006 5:55 PM (#1402 - in reply to #1346)
Math

My final grades were not so great. About half were As and Bs and the rest tended to be Fs. There are some extenuating circumstances for some of those Fs but others were just due to the format and point assignment on the test. Of course, I gave the wrong test anyway! But Sarah's experience seemed to be the same as mine.

The Open Response must be changed. I used Kelley's format and that helped tremendously, but the problems didn't match the unit.

Should we change it before we present on Wed.?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software