Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The soul is the mirror of an indestructible universe." (Gottfried Leibniz)
Teaching the Unit
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Lafayette Discussion areaMessage format

slucas
Posted 11/2/2006 3:43 PM (#1262)
Subject: Teaching the Unit

Math

Everyone should of taught the first day of the unit (intro and graphing method). How did it go? Are there any suggestions on how to make it better? Are there any problems that you think we need to change or modify?

I think my students did a good job of understanding the unit, but I will have more to say after we go over the homework tomorrow/
ncrawfor
Posted 11/2/2006 4:39 PM (#1264 - in reply to #1262)
Subject: RE: Teaching the Unit

Math

My kids struggled a bit but it is part 2. They are getting better at graphing though. I am going to take it slow with substitution because they cannot handle too many steps at once.
kloliver
Posted 11/3/2006 8:46 AM (#1267 - in reply to #1262)
Math

Well there are a few things to fix on the notes worksheets. Such as how much will the bill be each moth? Overall, the graphing method seemed to go good. I'll find out more info today.
slucas
Posted 11/27/2006 12:03 PM (#1344 - in reply to #1262)

Math

I am going to try to attach the Chapter 9 notes that I used with my class. I really think using a notes packet helps the kids. By the end of the unit I noticed the kids looking back in their notes for how to do the different types of problems. Where as before they couldn't keep up with all of their notes.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Chapter 9 Notes.doc (75KB - 523 downloads)
kloliver
Posted 11/27/2006 12:29 PM (#1347 - in reply to #1262)
Math

I agree. My students asked if we could have notes with every chapter.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software