Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"To deny, to believe, and to doubt well are to a man as the race is to a horse." (Blaise Pascal)
Grading Homework
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

mdmdavis
Posted 10/14/2006 2:20 AM (#1180)
Subject: Grading Homework
Math

How do you all handle homework? We have always graded for completion not accuracy. Apparently, as of next Wednesday, we are going to have to start grading at least some portion of their homework. Not sure of the exact details yet as we haven't had "the meeting." If you have ANY ideas on how to handle GRADING homework, I'd love to hear them. I just don't know how I can fit it in. I'm already working my butt off this year with all new preps. It's takes long enough just to grade for completion. I'm already neglecting my 3 children for sake of this job. I need ideas on how to handle this easily and quickly and NOT let it add to my paperwork and time load like I fear it will.
rtallent
Posted 10/14/2006 11:40 AM (#1181 - in reply to #1180)
Subject: RE: Grading Homework
Math

I usually go over no more than half the assignment. Then pick one or two problems that I didn't go over to check for accuracy. I don't think all hw should be graded for accuracy. That is what weekly quizzes are for. Homework is a student's chance to practice what they have learned and I think mistakes are ok. But that is just my aopinion.
mdmdavis
Posted 10/15/2006 12:47 PM (#1183 - in reply to #1181)
Math

"Homework is a student's chance to practice what they have learned and I think mistakes are ok. "--I completely agree. This is what I always tell my students.

We'll find out on Wed what the actual new requirements are for us.....
awilkerson
Posted 10/24/2006 8:35 PM (#1200 - in reply to #1180)
Special Ed

I usually pick 5 problems at random to grade for accuracy and give 10 points total for the assignment or pick 4 to grade for accuracy and give an extra 2 for completion of the assignment. Either way, I total it to 10 points.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software