Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)
green globs
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> PLD Discussion areaMessage format

dhmartin
Posted 9/29/2006 3:26 PM (#1084)
Subject: green globs
Math

Any old schoolers familiar with Green Globs? I was looking to use it in Adv Precalculus for graphing polynomial equations. I was hoping there would be a TI calculator version. Any body have any suggestions?
saclark
Posted 10/2/2006 1:12 PM (#1096 - in reply to #1084)
Subject: RE: green globs
Math

I've never heard of green globs. What does this program do?
jlreed
Posted 10/3/2006 12:24 PM (#1106 - in reply to #1084)
Math

green globs?
dhays
Posted 10/7/2006 7:40 PM (#1139 - in reply to #1084)
Math

I remember green globs. The program showed these green dots on a grid and you had to write a variety of equations that passed through the globs. If successful, they went..."SPLATTT!!" It was fun. Sounds like this would be do-able in a navigator environment. Just don't ask me how to do it!
dhmartin
Posted 10/13/2006 2:58 PM (#1176 - in reply to #1139)
Math

Dee Dee,
I'm glad there are some fellow old timers that are familiar with the program. When the graph hits the points the student earns points depending on how many points they hit. The score increased exponentially with their hits. I wanted to use this in Pre-Calc when we graph polynomial equations. I sent an e-mail to Ruth Casey, I figured she would have heard of the program, but she has not responded. I might try her again. See Ya Donna H
jrarnold
Posted 10/27/2006 10:47 AM (#1219 - in reply to #1084)
Subject: Old Schoolers
You probably have to be super "Old" School to remember this one!!!
dhays
Posted 10/29/2006 7:38 PM (#1221 - in reply to #1084)
Math

I resemble that remark!!!
szehnder
Posted 11/1/2006 2:43 PM (#1246 - in reply to #1084)

Math

I remember doing something with green globs when I was in high school!!!!! But I don't remember how the program actually worked. I thought it was neat as a student though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software