Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." (Albert Einstein)
Ronni, Melanie, and the Navigator
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> HCH Discussion areaMessage format

Posted 8/31/2006 4:17 PM (#964)
Subject: Ronni, Melanie, and the Navigator
The title sounds like a book!?

Ronni and Melanie - are you using the navigator? I used my document camera for a presentation the other day, but no one was impressed one bit! They would much rather have been working on their Reading plans than math......!!

Hope things are going well.....
rtallent
Posted 8/31/2006 4:44 PM (#965 - in reply to #964)
Subject: RE: Ronni, Melanie, and the Navigator
Math

I don't have enough graphing calculators so unless I borrow we don't navigate... yet.
ldewees
Posted 9/6/2006 8:44 PM (#980 - in reply to #964)
Math

Ronni,
There are some graphing calculators stored in my room, but I think they are just 83's and I think you have to have 83 - pluses, don't you? I'll check them tomorrow. Sorry, I'm not really very familiar with Navigator, but I know you need APPS....maybe after CC season I can visit my old room and maybe you can teach me??
rtallent
Posted 9/6/2006 9:12 PM (#983 - in reply to #964)
Math

You're right; they do need to be 83/84+. People have been very generous in letting me borrow those. HC is an awesome place to work! Right now I am holding off on navigator until the computers that bryson ordered come in. I just don't want to carry my home computer back and forth. So hopefully we all won't have to wait too much longer.
dhays
Posted 10/7/2006 7:36 PM (#1138 - in reply to #964)
Math

Bryson is in the process of putting together complete Navigator systems. (Cart, monitor, computer, access point, wireless keyboard and mouse. ) The only thing we are short of are graphing calculators. We have purchased Calculators in the past with textbook funds. The last time I spoke with Shirley Morton she told me that the funds are not yet available and to wait awhile until I make a request. I have put in a request to the tech committee for 30 TI84+ SE. I am hoping at their next meeting they will decide if they can honor my request. In the meantime, if you have the time to write a grant.......!!!
rtallent
Posted 10/7/2006 8:41 PM (#1140 - in reply to #964)
Math

OMG! That is what I have been working on today! Great minds think alike. I'm not promising anything but I will definitely try!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software