Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"To deny, to believe, and to doubt well are to a man as the race is to a horse." (Blaise Pascal)
Interactive Textbook CD's
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

bekennedy
Posted 8/24/2006 3:34 PM (#903)
Subject: Interactive Textbook CD's
I was wondering if anyone has used the Interactive Textbook CD for Geometry or Calculus for their classrooms. I have not been able to get the Geometry CD to work at all and some of the functions on the calculus interactive program won't work either. has anyone used these and been able to figure these problems out or if these problems are worth figuring out?
dhays
Posted 8/26/2006 1:14 PM (#932 - in reply to #903)
Subject: RE: Interactive Textbook CD's
Math

I gave out the CD to my PreCAlculus students last year. (Same publisher as Calculus). It seemed to be hit and miss. Some students used the CD all year to do their homework with no problems. Other students just couldn't get it to work. I had one parent call me and said her daughter's computer crashed because of the disc. (I doubt it but you never know.) She tried to make me feel bad when she told me it cost $200 to fix. Since then, I am reluctant to distribute them. As a matter of fact, I didn't even offer them to my students this year.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software