Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)
navigators
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> PLD Discussion areaMessage format

szehnder
Posted 8/22/2006 3:59 PM (#886)
Subject: navigators

Math

when can we get the navigators going? I want to start using them in my classes if i can.
jlreed
Posted 8/22/2006 4:50 PM (#887 - in reply to #886)
Subject: RE: navigators
Math

Hey,

Let's use Friday afternoon to play with/set up the navigators! I don't think we have any department meeting set up. Maybe we can run to wal-mart & grab supplies ( velcro strips & the like), then check out carts & start setting up the systems.
saclark
Posted 8/22/2006 9:44 PM (#889 - in reply to #887)
Math

Kara and I are going to order two carts for the navigators, so if you want to wait on carts, we'll be getting them soon. I have registered for the upgrade for both navigators, so hopefully we'll get those soon. I have one labtop in my room and we need to ask Melanie for her second labtop. The old naviagtor should be in the math storage room and the other is in Kara's room. I think it'd be great if we could get both set up on friday. Don't forget we have plans during lunch though.
bperry
Posted 8/23/2006 9:33 AM (#891 - in reply to #886)

Math

Did everyone get all the help they needed during Bob Garvey's training? Do you need any help?
mdmdavis
Posted 8/23/2006 2:45 PM (#892 - in reply to #886)
Math

Velcro cable strips are almost $3 at Walmart and fewer in a package. Check Dollar Tree. I KNOW the Broadway one has them and the Pimlico one DOES NOT.
slubbe
Posted 8/31/2006 9:47 AM (#960 - in reply to #886)
Math

Hey Guys, I know I am leaving in a few days, but on my computer is the Nav 3.0 so feel free to come and use my computer while I am out if you want to get up and going also I know that Arnold uploaded 3.0 on his laptop and desktop and I thought Reed did as well.
awilkerson
Posted 9/19/2006 11:48 AM (#1026 - in reply to #960)
Special Ed

Have you all gotten the Navigator up and running yet? I guess if you haven't, next Friday would be a good time to work on it. If you have, I might try to work with one of you all if you are using it when I have plan so I can see how it works.

Thanks
saclark
Posted 9/27/2006 9:55 PM (#1074 - in reply to #1026)
Math

Sara Stinson used this todayin class during our 2:45 minute first block. It took her a little while to get it going, but it she seemed to enjoy it and it seemed to work pretty well overall. We do not have the updated version yet, i called and requested it but it did not come, so i need to call again later this week. Also, the carts have not come in yet, so transporting the system is still sort of a hassle. Hopefully in the next full weeks we'll be at full working capacity.
awilkerson
Posted 10/2/2006 12:30 PM (#1095 - in reply to #886)
Special Ed

Please let me know when it is fully up and running. I would like to see how you guys are using it. I have A3 and B2 plan.
jlreed
Posted 10/3/2006 12:23 PM (#1105 - in reply to #886)
Math

Stinson,

How did the navigator unit go? How long did it take the kids to get used to it?

I've been using the CPS system. It can provide similar assessment features to the Navigator, but requires less set-up and has less of a learning curve.
dhmartin
Posted 10/13/2006 3:00 PM (#1178 - in reply to #886)
Math

Stinson,
I might be able to get a set going next week, my student teacher is soloing it through next wed. I will get Reed to help me on Monday.Have a good weekend
szehnder
Posted 11/1/2006 2:42 PM (#1244 - in reply to #1178)

Math

Martin~

I had some troubles the first time using navigator...so make sure you test everything before you use it...including batteries etc.
I would really devote an entire class period to just play around with the equipment.
The kids LOVED it though!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software