Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Mathematics is the science of what is clear by itself." (Carl Jacobi)
getting started
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> BSH Discussion areaMessage format

mdmdavis
Posted 8/20/2006 12:24 PM (#873)
Subject: getting started
Math

Okay, so I think I'm supposed to be group leader this month.... Is that right, Margaret? So thought I should get us started....
Did anyone try the new Alg 1 unit?
I've been hogging our Navigator and LOVING using it!!!! Just let me know when you want it. I'll SHARE!!
nfeese
Posted 8/29/2006 9:16 PM (#947 - in reply to #873)
Subject: RE: getting started
Math

Feedback on the Algebra (and Geometry) units has been wonderful!! Now we just need units for all the chapters that we teach!!

Posted 8/31/2006 4:14 PM (#963 - in reply to #873)
Hi to all.....Natalee told me to get busy posting!!

I'm glad you're using the Navigator.....it is fun, but Melanie was better at coordinating the computer with it than I was.....just need the time to practice......maybe I'll borrow it later in the year to use with the 5th graders....they'd get a kick out of it!

I'm still evaluating the students....they take several tests at the beginning and also start observing tomorrow......so far it's great!

When is the next 'meeting'?
mdmdavis
Posted 9/1/2006 5:58 AM (#969 - in reply to #873)
Math

They love activity center and playing chase the dots...hahaha. This was precalc AND alg 1 repeats!! meeting for???? I haven't even had a chance to think about those pre tests and post tests. I'm just trying to stay afloat and a day ahead of precalc and adv geo. Maybe I can get something done today as it looks like I'm staying home. Tyler has given me pink eye.

Edited by mdmdavis 9/1/2006 6:01 AM

Posted 9/11/2006 10:56 AM (#1008 - in reply to #873)
Subject: MILC meeting
I'm sure there's a MILC meeting coming up sometime.....is there anything I should be looking at/working on?.....
rtallent
Posted 9/11/2006 11:50 AM (#1009 - in reply to #873)
Math

Even though we are all in different buildings this year we STILL have to keep you on your toes!! (just kidding)

The first meeting is in october. Check the calendar tab on the main page to check the dates.

If you are teaching the new units, you need to have done analysis of pre and post tests. anything else?
nfeese
Posted 9/11/2006 12:19 PM (#1010 - in reply to #1009)
Math

Another action item is to go and observe in the classroom of another teacher and prepare a "write-up" of observations.....look-for's might include: (things you like/learning moments/target of lesson/assessments?/student reaction and involvement)...which will be turned in to our outside evaluator and discussed at a MILC session.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software