Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"An expert is someone who knows some of the worst mistakes that can be made in his subject, and how to avoid them." (Werner Heisenberg)
Checking in--any news
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> TCH Discussion areaMessage format

rfarquha
Posted 8/19/2006 11:01 AM (#869)
Subject: Checking in--any news
Math

This is my first posting so I am trying it out to see how this works. I hope your first three days went as well as mine. Would love to hear how it went. Would also like to know if you got a chance to try any of your new technology yet? I have used my document camera and projector extensively and love it. I also did a quick introduction to Cabri Jr. in my Geometry class and it went fairly well. It was the last block of the day on friday so the kids were not real enthused about it but not too bad. Anyway, would like to hear from you.

Bob
mdailey
Posted 8/28/2006 8:53 AM (#938 - in reply to #869)
Subject: RE: Checking in--any news
Math

Bob,
About your Cabri Jr. I'm going to be doing some Cabri activities this week. Anything you learned about the activity that you can pass on? Did the students stayed engaged? Did it seem to help them understand the concept? Did you have a lot of confusion with the calculators?
rfarquha
Posted 8/29/2006 6:30 PM (#943 - in reply to #938)
Subject: RE: Checking in--any news
Math

Marci,

I hope using Cabri works for you. Before I started the activity, I warned the students that Cabri is not like their home computer. You will not see color, it is on a small screen, and can move kind of slow. But overall, I think what we did was positive. I believe anytime you can put something into a students hands that reemphasizes some classroom points is a bonus. Good luck.

Bob
mdailey
Posted 8/31/2006 10:02 AM (#962 - in reply to #869)
Subject: Cabri
Math

I just did cabri in class and the students loved it. What I found is that it takes very little introduction because the kids quickly learn how to navigate the system. I did the vertical angle lesson and the students got it right away. Tomorrow we'll review and I'll see how much they really got. I thought the activity worked great!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software