Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"A Mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." (Paul Erdös)
AP Stats
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> General discussion (through 2017)Message format

ldewees
Posted 8/18/2006 8:09 AM (#862)
Subject: AP Stats
Math

This doesn't fit under MILC stuff, but you all are all on here so I thought I would chat. Has anybody ever thought about switching up the chapters? I have a couple kids doing mentoring projects and they could use the information on types of tests and how to do them probably a little earlier in the year. My thoughts would be to move chapters 3, 4, 6 and maybe 8 to second semester. I don't know that I'll do that this year, but I am thinking about it. Moving 3 and 4 and then following it with chapter 14 would also seem to be a nice change.
Anybody have any thoughts?
Linda
cwaespe
Posted 10/10/2006 9:08 PM (#1152 - in reply to #862)
Subject: RE: AP Stats
Math

As you can see, Linda, I'm a little late in responding to this. Have you heard from anyone else? I can tell you that as of now I can't imagine changing anything as I am just now feeling really comfortable with the material. Let me know if you try it, though. I'd love to know how it works. Do any of the other books put testing this early in the year?
mgraves
Posted 10/25/2006 12:22 PM (#1210 - in reply to #862)
Subject: RE: AP Stats
Math

I am with Connie as to I am just now getting comfortable with the material, but I would love to have suggestions that would help my students. It seems that I hit ch 4 and thngs start to go downhill! mg
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software