Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"To deny, to believe, and to doubt well are to a man as the race is to a horse." (Blaise Pascal)
A few open response items
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> HCH Document sharingMessage format

bperry
Posted 2/12/2006 5:21 PM (#639)
Subject: A few open response items

Math

A few Open Response for High School Math are available at the following website:

http://teach.clarkschools.net/curriculumresources/

rtallent
Posted 2/13/2006 12:30 AM (#642 - in reply to #639)
Subject: RE: A few open response items
Math

Frisbee on the roof was my submission. I also sent in carnival game and growing fish although someone else wrote them. My daughter goes to school there and I was rather upset that there were no math questions at the time i sent them a few. glad to see others have been submitted. They are open to any other submissions. Email to Lewis Willian. His email is on that page.
nfeese
Posted 2/13/2006 10:21 AM (#645 - in reply to #642)
Subject: RE: A few open response items
Math

A group of FCPS math teachers identified Carnival Game from a problem in a previously adopted text. Charlene Norman and Karen Higdon selected when we first compiled our FCPS Math Standards binders. We later revised as a submission for the JCPS open response item bank (Ronni worked hard on this prompt and rubric, she has just forgotten

Growing Fish is a FCPS adaptation from a released KIRIS question. The most difficult part was getting the fish pattern created!!

Both entries can be found in our Competency Assurance/Math Standards binders.

If you try any other open response question in the list (or otherwise) and have success with your students (or think worthy of a revision), please let me know!!!

I highly recommend both open response questions and look forward to seeing "Frisbee".
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software