Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Archimedes will be remembered when Aeschylus is forgotten, because languages die and mathematical ideas do not. 'Immortality' may be a silly word, but probably a mathematician has the best chance of whatever it may mean." (Godfrey Hardy)
unit
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Older DiscussionsMessage format

rmcquerr
Posted 2/5/2006 6:57 PM (#613)
Subject: unit
Math

Just wanting to get some feedback on where everybody was with their individual parts. Maybe we should meet again this upcoming week to make sure we are still on schedule.

the flash basketball game is still under construction, but turning out very nice.

Shannon and I were talking and we were having difficulties picking applications to write flash for because they seem contrived: making a flash widget for the sake of flash. Any thoughts?
mdailey
Posted 2/7/2006 8:58 AM (#617 - in reply to #613)
Subject: RE: unit
Math

I think meeting would be a good idea. I'm currently writing the lesson plans for completing the square and factoring. Does anyone have any ideas for a fun way to teach either topic? I have incorporated using algebra tiles and foldables.
kllindsey
Posted 2/7/2006 3:05 PM (#620 - in reply to #613)
Yes, we need to meet. Did you notice that Activity 5 in the Teacher's Guide for TI Interactive is Quadratics? Also, Activity 7 is projectile motion. Would there be some way to incorporate this with the Navigator? We don't have Navigators at Southside or Eastside but it would be good to have an activity available.
scole
Posted 2/8/2006 12:24 PM (#622 - in reply to #613)
Math

Let's work on picking a meeting date. Once that's set, we can all come together with our materials and start to organize our unit.

Here are some dates: Wed. 2/15 ... Tues. 2/21 ... Mon. 2/27
Which one (if any) works best for each of you?

And how would a 4:00 meeting time at Tates Creek sound (meet in my classroom as we did last time)?
mdailey
Posted 2/9/2006 12:22 PM (#626 - in reply to #613)
Math

2/21 or 2/27 work for me. What do we need to bring--typed lesson plans and activities?
rmcquerr
Posted 2/9/2006 4:48 PM (#627 - in reply to #613)
Math

the 15 and 21 are both fine with me also.
rmcquerr
Posted 2/9/2006 4:49 PM (#628 - in reply to #613)
Math

sorry, just meant 21.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software