Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." (Albert Einstein)
Monthly Update
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Older DiscussionsMessage format

dgrupe
Posted 1/30/2006 8:18 AM (#583)
Subject: Monthly Update
Just wanted to say that all is okay in the world of special education math so far this semester. Still wish we could have our own classroom. I think the three of us could better utilize technology if we had our own room. Maybe next year. After a couple year hiatus from using accellerated math; I have been using it some this semester and several students have taken a liking to it. Struggles still continue with the wide range of student ability in my resource rooms and the attempt to actually get several of them to understand and work an actual algebra problems. I have also reinstitued the use of notebooks for each student this semester and that has helped individualize the work in the classroom. There is an opener section, algebra section, individual section, and a section for their accelerated math work.
Hope all of you had a good January also and here's to an awesome Feb.
thanks
Dale
atongate
Posted 1/30/2006 10:12 AM (#584 - in reply to #583)
Subject: RE: Monthly Update
Technology

Thanks for your information regarding Accelerated Math. I know that every high school owns the software in their special ed departments (county-wide purchase from Central Office). I wonder how many schools use (in addition to HCHS).

Do you all use any other math software with your students (besides Accelerated Math)?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software