Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"To deny, to believe, and to doubt well are to a man as the race is to a horse." (Blaise Pascal)
unit objectives
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Older DiscussionsMessage format

ncrawfor
Posted 12/12/2005 10:26 PM (#449)
Subject: unit objectives

Math

Do you think we should get together a list of objectives? I know everyone is very busy right now, so what kind of timeline should we have?
ncrawfor
Posted 12/14/2005 12:53 PM (#456 - in reply to #449)
Subject: RE: unit objectives

Math

Yes, I think a list of objectives would be one place to start. Maybe a couple of us could work on that while someone else starts to gather some possible activites, and anopther could be thinking about how to include technology and what we might want. I believe there is plenty for ALL.

Thanks, Nancy for getting the ball rolling on this unit. No one can do it alone.
slucas
Posted 12/19/2005 12:25 PM (#481 - in reply to #449)

Math

Nancy, you need to get some friends!

Let me start the objectives.

By the end of the unit students should be able to solve systems of equations by:
Graphing
Subistution
Linear Combination
ncrawfor
Posted 12/19/2005 10:44 PM (#486 - in reply to #481)

Math

I think they need to be able to give a real world example that uses systems of equations.
ncrawfor
Posted 1/4/2006 3:25 PM (#492 - in reply to #486)

Math

I think that we need to plan a day to meet afterschool for just a few minutes to discuss what direction we need to be going with this unit. What about Monday 1/09/06?
kloliver
Posted 1/5/2006 3:03 PM (#495 - in reply to #449)
Math

Monday after school works for me! I also have a few activites for systems along with ideas to incorporate technology.
ncrawfor
Posted 1/12/2006 2:54 PM (#521 - in reply to #495)

Math

All-

Thanks for meeting after school yesterday. I will get the information that we came up with typed up and e-mailed to everyone so that we can all have a copy!

Be looking for activities that we want to include in our unit and don't forget about technology we want to include!!

Who, besides Sarah, will be teaching this unit in March?
slucas
Posted 1/12/2006 5:24 PM (#525 - in reply to #449)

Math

Kelley should be teaching it in March. Anyone who teaches Algebra I should teach it then.

I found an activity in Jeremiah's stuff that has to do with comparing two flower shops. It isn't exactly what we are looking for, but it is a start.

If someone want's to come by and look at it, that would be great.
ncrawfor
Posted 1/13/2006 1:34 PM (#532 - in reply to #525)

Math

I don't think that every single problem that we have them do has to pertain to cell phone plans, otherwise they will think that is the only time to use systems!! Maybe we could adapt the problem to fit our needs!!

So, you and Kelley will be teaching the unit. Who else??? Come on... you know you can't wait to teach this great unit that we are putting together!
slucas
Posted 1/13/2006 3:06 PM (#533 - in reply to #449)

Math

Are you asking people in MILC or everyone?

Virgina may be teaching it. I can never remember who is not in MILC that teaches Algebra I, can anyone else?
ncrawfor
Posted 1/17/2006 2:47 PM (#545 - in reply to #533)

Math

I am sure if they are not in MILC and want to teach our unit they can. We need to make sure that we have some feedback for when we present our unit at the March MILC meeting. In Milc, that may be just you and Kelley? Do you think anyone "on the outside" would want to teach our unit?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software