|Mathematics Instructional Learning Community|
|The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on: |
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Pete Koutoulas, Fayette County Public Schools, IST Team Leader
|"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)|
| College Prep Math (Small group of students)|
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
|The commons-> General Discussion||Message format|
|Counts on fingers & toes|
|I have been assigned a "College Prep Math" class for this school year. The previous CPM teacher retired and did not leave many resources. |
My original idea:
Day 1: syllabus, safety, etc...
Day 2: ACT Math Test
After grading, students self assess weaknesses and self assign work from AGA Courses.
Pacing: 18 weeks
Weeks 1-7: 7 - One Week Chapters in AGA course of weakness
Weeks 7-13: 6 - One Week Chapters in the second AGA course of weakness
Weeks 13-18: 5 - One Week Chapters in the AGA course of strength
|From Bo Lankster, TCHS |
(1st Semester). I use the KYOTE standards Exercise sets that Natalee sent me about 5 years ago. This curriculum drives my teaching. We want all students to pass KYOTE along with retaking the ACT. I also use EdReady to give students 1:1 computer time to complete/reach Mastery.
(2nd Semester). Life Prep
All real life skills activities
Lots of presenting and learning about
Plus a whole lot more
From Sarah Lubbe/ PLDunbar
Kahn Academy is another great resource for College Math Prep.
It is free and the kids can work on things that are specific to their learning challenges.
From Ronni Tallent
There is also kyote for review or test. You can print a book with kyote practice questions. Henry Clay uses.
Mike Haake, Kate Johnson, and Sarah Zehnder would be additional experts to ask about a successful College Math Prep course.
The ultimate goal is to get the math ACT score to benchmark. Goal is 22 for College Algebra.
|The Assessment section on KDE’s website has the KYOTE link where the user manual, the Irregularity Report Spreadsheet and the KYOTE website info |
KYOTE College Readiness Placement Standards
1. Evaluate numerical expressions involving signed numbers, positive integer exponents, order of operations and parentheses.
2. Evaluate algebraic expressions at specified values of their variables using signed numbers, positive integer exponents, order of operations and parentheses.
3. Perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percents.
4. Order fractions and decimals on a number line.
5. Solve applied arithmetic problems using appropriate units, including problems involving percentage increase and decrease, rates and proportions.
6. Solve simple geometry problems involving properties of rectangles and triangles.
7. Solve simple coordinate geometry problems.
8. Add and subtract polynomials.
9. Multiply polynomials.
10. Simplify algebraic expressions involving positive and negative integer exponents, and square roots.
11. Factor a polynomial in one or more variables by factoring out its greatest common factor; factor a quadratic polynomial.
12. Add, subtract and multiply simple rational expressions.
13. Simplify a rational expression.
14. Solve a linear equation.
15. Solve a multivariable equation for one of its variables.
16. Use a linear equation to solve a simple word problem.
17. Solve a linear inequality.
18. Find the slope of a line given two points on the line or its equation; find the equation of a line given two points on the line, or a point on the line and the slope of the line.
19. Graph a line given its equation; find the equation of a line given its graph.
20. Solve a quadratic equation by factoring or by using the quadratic formula.
21. Solve a system of two linear equations in two variables.
KYOTE fullstandards.pdf (6KB - 102 downloads)
|Jump to page : 1 |
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
|Printer friendly version|
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :
|Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0|
© 2003 PD9 Software