Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
Mathematics Instructional Learning Community
The Mathematics Instructional Learning Community (MILC) Project is an alliance among Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) math teachers focusing on:
  • Increasing the pedagogy and content knowledge of math teachers;
  • Integrating technology tools into everyday math instruction; and
  • Developing, implementing and revising units of study.
Questions regarding MILC? Contact: Natalee Mauney Feese, Fayette County Public Schools, MILC Project Director
Questions regarding technical website issues? Contact: Ryan McQuerry, Fayette County Public Schools, Supervisor of Software Development
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are NOT logged in. If you are a MILC participant, please logon by clicking here --> logon |  Not a member? register )

"Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater." (Albert Einstein)
Unit
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Archived Forums (Read only - No new posting)-> Older DiscussionsMessage format

jrarnold
Posted 11/17/2005 7:30 AM (#381)
Subject: Unit
I think since we have so many people, we could do 2 units. One with systems of equations and one for probability. Since Probability is taught across the board and we can use a lot of technology for that type of unit, I think it would work very well. Reed, Angela, and I could work on it.
bekennedy
Posted 11/18/2005 1:37 PM (#386 - in reply to #381)
Subject: RE: Unit
That sounds good. Lets break up into teams. I want to work on the sytem of equations unit.
slubbe
Posted 11/21/2005 1:20 PM (#388 - in reply to #381)
Math

I just wish I knew what all we need to do for the unit we are suppose to do. I don't mind breaking up into 2 groups. I don't mind working on the systems of equations either. That is very versitille for both Alg I and Alg II classes.

jlreed
Posted 11/28/2005 5:32 PM (#414 - in reply to #381)
Math

I agree with Arnold. Two units from Dunbar sounds like a good idea.
In a typical high school Probability core content is traditionally covered in an ALG 2 course. I've already been working on some flash acessories for a probability unit!! Young, Arnold, and I have been trying to work up some nice hands-on activities as well.
szehnder
Posted 12/8/2005 7:47 AM (#441 - in reply to #388)

Math

Lubbe
I think on a Unit we are going to need an overview of what we want to cover and how many blocks it would typically take.

Then we are going to need a lesson plan for each day.

The lesson plans will have all of the specifics included.

We can use the Unit Mapper that we used this summer for our unit planning. The link is http://www.UnitMapper.com/um
I don't know if everyone can log in or not. My login is just my fcps email address and then my last name...so try that. You can look around and see other units people have planned.

Just an idea...a way to organize and then publish our unit to the web.

Email Ms. Natalee if you can't get logged in.
bekennedy
Posted 12/12/2005 4:11 PM (#448 - in reply to #381)
We need to break up the units into parts so that each person can work on a specific aspect of the unit. For the systems unit, we could have one person work on solving systems graphically, by substitution, by elimination, and a section on applications of systems of equation. We could also maybe do a lesson on using a graphing utility to solve sytems of equations.
saclark
Posted 1/6/2006 2:01 PM (#502 - in reply to #381)
Math

I'm not real good introducing how to use the graphing calculators, so I will volunteer to either work on graphing, elimination, or substitution. My first choice would be substitution, but I will do any of them.

Do you think we need to decide this before we meet in January, or is this something we can do then?
slubbe
Posted 1/9/2006 4:50 PM (#509 - in reply to #381)
Math

I use the graphing with algebra II so I could do that, also it goes with the cars thing from Discovering algebra.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this topic
Jump to forum :

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software