BrainPOP!
jbakewell
Posted 9/30/2008 7:49 AM (#2133)
Subject: BrainPOP!
Math

I used a BrainPOP video (short, about 2-3 minutes long) to introduce Section 3.1 in Geometry. This site is filled with tons of educational videos in all core content areas. Each video is followed by a short quiz that can be printed or done online. I used the CPS system (my first time!) to have students submit answers immediately.

The website does have a cost, but you can sign up for a free five day trial and watch all the videos you want. Take advantage of this trial and watch as much as you can...you might decide it is worth the investment...I think it is!

http://www.brainpop.com

Sorry, I don't know how to make this a hyper link! Guess you have to do the old fashioned cutting and pasting! Enjoy!
acrowley
Posted 9/30/2008 1:37 PM (#2141 - in reply to #2133)
Subject: RE: BrainPOP!
Math

I have seen Jennie's lesson with BrainPop and it is amazing- really helped introduce the material and the kids felt like they were "watching a movie."
ccprek
Posted 9/30/2008 2:00 PM (#2159 - in reply to #2133)
Math

Our science classes use these regularly. These would be good for us to use if they are multiple choice so we can get the clickers out.
chill
Posted 12/3/2008 8:29 AM (#2328 - in reply to #2133)
Math

Are there any specific videos that would be good for polynomials? There are so many to choose from, and time is so limited! If you could just share one or two names... that would be so helpful.
awest
Posted 9/2/2009 1:53 PM (#2503 - in reply to #2133)
Math

This looks great. I can't wait to have some time to look through the videos.